Daily ward rounds and teaching in the unit
- Daily clinical presentation of cases inwards
- Daily discussion of Cases and individual topics.
- Seminars and review of literature in journals.
- Seminar / Presentation of topics of Interest and controversies in management ,held once in a week
- Postings in various departments / Super specialties.
- Attendance in all hospital activities and Seminars.
- Special guest lectures conducted by eminent international and national faculties from time to time.
- Night duties as per the DNB Protocol.
The residents individually examine all the patients including the ICU and make a detailed assessment. They present the cases during consultant’s rounds and actively participate in bedside clinical discussions. After the rounds, the necessary procedures and investigations will be carried out by the residents.The residents will independently examine all new admissions and take necessary, appropriate emergency measures before the consultant examines them.
All the residents attend the OPD daily and examine the patients and present them to the consultants. There will be discussion of interesting cases in OPD.
Residents are required to attend all the specialty clinics by rotation.
All the faculty members and the residents actively participate in the teaching programmes by presenting cases, reading current articles and recent advances.
The Hospital conducts periodical CME’s in which the residents take an active part. They will be also arranging for radiological and pathological meetings in coordination with our diagnostic divisions.
A full-fledged departmental library with collection of recent journals,latest editions of major textbooks and internet access is available to the residents 24×7.